This five page A4 booklet is based on the book An Introduction to Living Well with Pain, by Frances Cole.
The book’s ‘ten footsteps’ are:
- Footstep 1: What do we know about persistent pain?
- Footstep 2: Acceptance
- Footstep 3: Pacing every day for better times
- Footstep 4: Set goals, action plans and rewards
- Footstep 5: Getting fit and staying active
- Footstep 6: Managing moods
- Footstep 7: Sleep well more often
- Footstep 8: Healthy eating, managing relationships and work
- Footstep 9: Relaxation and mindfulness
- Footstep 10: Managing setbacks
The footsteps are summarised in an easy to read format, with key messages and tips for each step.
We’ve also created an online verson of the Ten Footsteps, where you can explore each of the footsteps and follow links to lots of useful resources to help you on your journey to living well despite your pain: Explore the Ten Footsteps online resource here
Live Well with Pain – help keep it free
Weʼre raising £10,000 to support the development of more resources and ensure Live Well with Pain remains free and accessible to all